Refrigerators have become one of the essential appliances in Indian households. You can easily preserve your food items, and it also slows down the activity of the bacteria so that the food items can stay fresh for a longer period of time.
Due to the rising demand for refrigerators, brands are coming up with feature-filled products so you won’t run out of options. In this article, we have come up with a compiled list of the top ten mini-refrigerators in the current Indian market.
Best Mini Fridge in India
Tropicool Chiller Cum Warmer comes with two in one chiller and warmer. This small-sized, high-efficiency chiller and warmer fits elegantly in the tabletop of your office, gym, or room. It fits two bottles of 0.5l/6 cans. This product has a cooling performance of 20-22 degrees below ambient temperature. It is user-friendly and doesn’t need much maintenance. This can be used as a car fridge and home mini-fridge.
The product has a front door with a magnetic lock and adjustable panel for easy accommodation of bottles, cans, food items, etc. It has a superior Matt finish available in three colours. Moreover, this product is ideal for maintaining baby food and insulin for the elderly. Its capacity is 5 litres and weighs around 540 grams.
HisenseSingle Door Minibar Refrigerator has a capacity of 44 litres. It has a sleek and stylish design. It blends well with the interior of your kitchen. This minibar refrigerator has direct cooling airflow, which ensures that your food would stay fresh for a longer period of time.
Its freezer cabinet comes with a metallic panel that ensures the freshness of food and prevents spoilage of perishes. Impex single door mini-bar refrigerator has an energy-efficient performance and enhances the total life span of the refrigerator.
Godrej Single Door Refrigerator has advanced features and an elegant look. The interior of the refrigerator is thoughtfully designed with different compartments and shelves, providing enough storage space. It comes with a smart cooling technology auto defrost feature. This 30 litres refrigerator consumes comparatively less energy and is easy to control.
Godrej Single Door Refrigerator has a quiet operation and is environment friendly. Its recessed handles add s touch to elegance and aesthetic appeal to its overall look. The weight of this mini fridge is 11 kg.
This 45 litres single door refrigerator has an elegant and sleek design. There is a large door basket that allows you to store bigger bottles with ease. It has a separate freezer compartment with a temperature regulator, which lets you compartmentalize your daily needs better. Its durable shelves allow you to store heavy vessels.
This refrigerator would go perfectly well with the interior of your kitchen. The weight of the refrigerator is 17 kg. Its operating voltage is 230 Volts, and the annual energy consumption is 270-kilowatt hours.
Haier single door refrigerator has 53 litres capacity, and its 25% thicker insulation ensures better cooling retention during long hours of power cuts. The anti-fungal removable gasket prevents germs and bacteria formation in the door lining. It has a big ice making room. In case there are power fluctuations, the refrigerator would work thanks to its stabilizer free operation.
It would operate on a low voltage of 135 Volts. The toughened glass shelves can withstand large, heavy vessels. Its annual energy consumption is 179-kilowatt hours, and the capacity of the freezer is 3 litres. Haier single door refrigerator weighs 15kg. This sleek and elegant refrigerator would become your instant favourite.
This 30 litres capacity mini fridge comes with advanced thermoelectric cooling technology. This mini-fridge is easy to clean and operate. It has an auto defrosting system and spill-proof toughened glass. There are bright, dual-LED lights for greater visibility and convenience.
Moreover, the refrigerator comes with solid-state electronic cooling technology, which ensures direct and efficient cooling. The weight of this refrigerator is 11 kg.
This refrigerator from Hisense comes with a 93 Liters capacity. It has easy temperature control knobs high quality wired shelves providing you with enough storage space. It has a stylish and seamless design, which would add attraction to your modern kitchen. There is a bottle guard to hold and protect your water bottle.
You can ensure safety for your little ones thanks to the door lock feature. The auto defrost system automatically gets rid of accumulated ice. Its recessed handles make it easy to open and gives a sleek design to the refrigerator. This refrigerator has a quiet operation and is environment friendly. Its weight is 20 kg 500 grams.
This 50 liters capacity mini fridge from Croma has an elegant design and sports PCM finish outer body. It comes with a separate chiller compartment where you can keep ice trays and freeze food items such as fish and meat for later use.
The mechanical thermostat allows you to control the inside temperature. It has an auto defrosting system and steel wire shelf that can withstand a wide temperature range and ensures long life. The weight of the refrigerator is 16 kg.
This refrigerator has 43 litres of capacity. It has a compact and elegant design making it ideal for hotel rooms. Its refrigerant gas R600A gives a higher performance in faster and efficient cooling. There big bottle guard where you can store tall drinking bottles, containers of milk, and juices in the fridge door conveniently.
The refrigerator would operate in voltage fluctuations thanks to its stabilizer free operation. Its mechanical temperature control system lets you control the temperature of the refrigerator. Moreover, the refrigerator has a small freezer compartment where you can store snacks and drinks. This refrigerator weighs 13 kg 500 grams.
This mini fridge has an aesthetic and elegant design, which would go well with the interior of the kitchen. It has two dedicated racks where you can store all your snacks and drinks. This refrigerator comes with a compact, easy access & removable tray, which can be used to store chocolates, butter, cheese, etc.
You can easily store up to 30 cans in this fridge. The refrigerator would operate even on a low power supply. It is available with seven adjustable modes that provide the perfect temperature for all your cooling needs throughout the year. The refrigerator is easy to use and maintain. Its weight is 13 kg 700 grams.
Buying Guide for the Best Mini Refrigerator in India
There is no point in arguing that mini-refrigerators are by far one of the most sought out items. With all the different brands promoting their products out there in the market, it just makes the overall tedious. That is why we have properly curated this buying guide, offering you the right assistance you need when it comes to making your next purchase. Consider all the following aspects while purchasing a refrigerator.
Types of Refrigerators
Before proceeding with the purchase, you need to know the different types of refrigerators you would get in the market. They are single door, double door, triple door, side by side, French door, and mini-fridge. Choose as per your requirement.
Single Door Refrigerators
Single door refrigerators are the most important refrigerators you would get in the market. It is suitable for nuclear families; its capacity would be no more than 300 litres. You can easily get a single door refrigerator at around INR 10000 to INR 20000. So, if you have a constrained budget, then this one is perfect for you.
Double Door Refrigerators
Double door refrigerators are perfect for medium-sized families as their capacity is not more than 500 litres. The capacity of these refrigerators is higher than that of the single door refrigerators as it consumes more power. So, you need to check the energy rating of the refrigerator before the purchase.
It is obvious that a high rated refrigerator would cost you more, but you can save money in the long run. Double door refrigerators have been further divided into two types based on the location of the freezer compartment.
- Top Mounted Refrigerators: These types of refrigerators have a freezer mounted on the top. This design is famous amongst Indian customers. You can accordingly keep all the food items in the lower food storage compartment and keep your drinks in the freezer compartment.
- Bottom Mounted Refrigerators: Bottom mounted refrigerators are not that famous, and you would get fewer models in the market. Most people don’t like the idea of a freezer being at the bottom. It’s not convenient at all as you have to bend down to get the stored items from the freezer.
Triple Door Refrigerators
Triple door refrigerators are expensive when compared to single and double door refrigerators because you would get an additional number of compartments and doors. So, you can keep the food items accordingly, and whenever you open the refrigerator to get the items, it would be easier.
But you would see that there is no energy rating in triple door refrigerators as you would see in double door refrigerators. The good thing about triple door refrigerators is that they come in a sleek design and additional compartments that would provide you with comfort. Triple door refrigerators have a capacity of not more than 500 litres.
Side By Side Refrigerators
Side by side refrigerators is suitable for large families as their capacity ranges between 500 to 700 litres. These refrigerators are separated into two halves: the left side is the fridge, and the right side is the freezer compartment.
You can keep the commonly used items at the top level, which would be convenient for you and your family. Sometimes, it becomes difficult to get things out of the freezer. So, having the fridge on the right side makes it convenient to get all the things without digging in the freezer.
The price range of these refrigerators falls somewhere around INR 600000 to INR 200000. There is the only problem with these refrigerators; it’s the size. If your kitchen is compact, then side by side refrigerators won’t be an ideal choice. They take up a lot of space.
- French Door Refrigerators: French door refrigerators have two doors that split in the middle and have a freezer compartment at the bottom. Nowadays, you can see French door refrigerators are available in different styles. So, you can choose at your convenience. French door with a drawer: there is a drawer at the bottom, which can either be a freezer or a refrigerator. Four-door French door: As the name suggests, these refrigerators have four doors, and the bottom right compartment can be a freezer or a food storage compartment. Sadly, there are a few brands in India that manufacture French door refrigerators.
- Mini Fridge: Mini fridge has a capacity of not more than 100 litres. If you already have a refrigerator, then you can buy a personal mini-fridge for storing drinks and snacks. You can keep it as a secondary appliance. The price range of mini fridge ranges from INR 5000 to INR 7000.
If you go for single door refrigerators, then they don’t consume much power. But the thing is suitable for nuclear families, not medium and large-sized families. For that, you need a large capacity refrigerator. You can go for double door refrigerators but always check the energy rating of the product. That way you can reduce the amount of electricity bill you have to every month. Triple door refrigerators don’t have an energy rating, so you need to check the product description to know its power consumption per annum.
Research is a must. Before the purchase, make sure that the service of the brand you’re opting for is good. You can check the reviews of the existing customers. LG, Samsung, Haier have good customer service care. You can choose any model from their brand. Their high ends product are worth trying.
This is another factor to consider. The ideal noise level of a refrigerator should be around 30 to 47 dB. Check the product description and make sure that the product you’re buying doesn’t have a noise level of more than 50 dB.
Make sure that the door handles are within your reach. It should be neither below nor high. It should be at a level where you can easily open it conveniently. In fact, one of the best ways is to make sure that the door handles are easily accessible is by measuring your height prior to making the purchase.
Refrigerators can be divided into two types based on their defrosting technology. Choose as per your requirement.
- Direct Cool Defrosting Technology: Direct cool defrosting technology uses a natural convection process. The good thing about this defrosting technology is that it doesn’t consume much energy. However, you need to manually defrost the interiors of the refrigerator from time to time.
- Frost Free Defrost Technology: You would see frost free defrosting technology in high-end refrigerators. It has a dynamic cooling system that would automatically defrost the interiors of the refrigerators.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) How can I increase the lifespan of my refrigerator?
Follow these to extend the lifespan of your refrigerator.
- You need to change the rubber seal from time to time. If the seal is worn, then the refrigerator would start losing its efficiency. The gasket should be replaced every year so that the cold can’t escape.
- Don’t keep any heat sources near the refrigerator that would make the compressor work overtime. That would shorten the life of the compressor. Make sure the refrigerator is not directly exposed to the sunlight.
- Keep the condenser coil clean so that it won’t lose its efficiency.
- We would advise you to use the in-door water. That way, you don’t have to open the refrigerator, again and again, making sure that the cold doesn’t escape. The less you open the door, the more your refrigerators would work efficiently.
- If your refrigerators have direct cool defrosting technology, then you need to manually defrost the interiors so that the refrigerator can work its best.
- Keep the temperature around 38° Fahrenheit to 4° Fahrenheit. This temperature would sufficiently keep the food fresh for a longer period of time. You don’t need the lower the temperature of the refrigerator than that.
- Clean the refrigerator from time to time.
- Don’t overfill the refrigerator, or else the cold air won’t circulate inside it. Over time, it would lose its efficiency. Leave at least one to two inches between each food item.
- Cover the food items properly; if you leave it like that, then the moisture releases in the air inside the refrigerator, making the compressor work overdrive.
- If you hear any noise, then there can be a problem with the motor, fan, or compressor. You can call a technician to fix the problem.
2) Which is better: direct cool defrosting technology or frost-free defrosting technology?
You would direct cool defrosting technology in single door refrigerators and frost-free defrosting technology in double door refrigerators. In direct cool, you need to manually defrost the interiors of the refrigerator, whereas, on the other hand, frost-free would automatically defrost the interiors. The good thing about double door refrigerators is that frozen food is stored better in them.
3) Can I improve the efficiency of my refrigerator? How?
Yes, you can follow these steps to improve the efficiency of the refrigerator.
- Give a good cleaning to the refrigerator twice a month.
- Open it less frequently.
- Cover the food items properly.
- Keep the freezer full.
- Inspect the seals from time to time.
- Keep a few inches of space between the wall and the refrigerator for better air circulation.
- You can also keep an open box of baking soda to get rid of foul smell.
- Avoid putting hot food items in the refrigerator. Let it cool first, then move it to the fridge.
These are the top best refrigerators in our curated collection. You can refer to the buying guide and frequently asked questions section to clear all your doubts you have regarding refrigerators.
Neither less to say, all the products mentioned within the list are some of the best the markets have to offer. So, once you get everything right, you are done with your smart purchase decision. We hope this article was helpful.